The main questions which need to be considered before selecting a level measurement sensor:
- What are the contents being measured – liquid or solid or slurry or powder?
- Are level measurements required either continuous or point level (discrete)?
- What are the application’s minimum and maximum temperature and pressure?
- What level measurement range is required?
- What accuracy range is required?
- Is it possible to penetrate the vessel wall or be inside it?
- If liquid, is there any turbulence, foam or vapour at the surface?
- Is an integral display or remote display required?
- What kind of output / alarms are required eg analogue, relay, etc ?
Back to Finding the correct level sensors