The main questions which need to be considered before selecting a ultrasonic flow meter:
- What is the minimum and maximum flow rate for the flow meter?
- Is the pipe material compatible with ultrasonic measurement (eg concrete, fiberglass and plastic lined pipes may be incompatible)?
- Are there any air spaces in the pipe?
- Does the fluid contain particulates or bubbles and, if so, of what size and distribution?
- What is the minimum and maximum process pressure?
- What is the minimum and maximum process temperature?
- What accuracy range is required?
Back to Finding the correct flow meter