Thermal Mass Flow Meter for Compressed Air Solution
A leading compressed air solution company commissioned iCenta Controls to provide a thermal mass flow meter for compressed air to measure the flow of gases such as air or nitrogen.
iCenta delivered the IC-MCF Air Flow Meter complete with ancillary accessories. The IC-MCF air flow meter is indispensable for managing energy use with compressed air / nitrogen up to 12000 L/min (normal). The inexpensive mass flow meter provides precision and wide rangeability as a result of being micro-machined, integration of a micro-flow sensor and advanced channel-design technology. The ideal tool for controlling the flow rate of measuring the per-building consumption of fuel, gas, various types of industrial gas or plant air used for virtually anything from manufacturing processes to test equipment.
About the IC-MCF Air Flow Meter:
The IC-MCF is constructed from lightweight, high strength aluminium to provide good thermal conductivity. It is available for pipe sizes ranging from DN6 (⅜“) up to DN50 (2”) to accommodate flow rates of 0-200 up to 12000 L/min.
The IC-MCF air flowmeter uses a µF (Micro Flow) sensor in its sensing unit. The µF sensor is a thermal flow speed sensor which uses proprietary technology. Integrating this ultra-miniature flow speed sensor with high-grade channel design technology has achieved high accuracy and wide rangeability. Additionally with built-in microcomputer technologies the device provides a range of functions that include the display of instantaneous or totalized flow rate, high limit and low limit alarm output, analog output and totalizer pulse output.
Features of the IC-MCF Air Flow Meter:
The IC-MCF offers many features including:
- Reverse flow detection function
- Flow/totalizer display with event and 4-20mA output
- Fast response as the sensor is in direct contact with the gas
- Easy maintenance without removal from the piping
- RS-485 MODBUS communications option for centralized air leak/consumption management
- Practical measurement flow range of 50:1, an extended range is available
- Use a single MCF for flow in various directions
- Compressed air monitoring
- Measuring gas flow rates for energy consumption projects
- Air leak monitoring
Back to Case Studies