A manufacturer of waste food depackers is using Siemens MAG 5100 W magnetic flow meters to monitor both dosing water and food slurry Collected food waste from food manufacturers or retailers and domestically generated food waste includes a proportion of packaging waste such as paper, card, cans and glass. The presence of packaging materials is a problem if using food slurry as a feedstock for anaerobic digestion plant; depackaging equipment can be used for unwrapping, separation and particle size reduction of food waste prior to anaerobic digestion.
A process technology company and manufacturer of waste food depackers is using Siemens MAG 5100 W magnetic flow meters to monitor both water and food slurry (eg grease trap biowaste) inputs to the depackaging equipment. Water dosing is used to reduce dry solid content to an acceptable level for anaerobic digestion. The Sitrans MAG 5100 W is a magmeter with a patented composite elastomer lining making it suitable for all water flow applications including clean water, waste water, sewage and sludge.
BENEFIT FROM THE FOLLOWING SITRANS MAG 5100 W MAGNETIC FLOW METER FEATURES:
- No moving parts resulting in obstruction-less flow measurement
- Handles flows with high level of solids
- Relatively short straight-run requirements
- Waste water treatment
- Filtration plant (e.g. reverse osmosis and ultra filtration)
- Industrial water applications
- Water abstraction
- Water distribution network (leak detection management)
- Custody transfer water meters
Back to Case Studies